Needs such as:
- Garage for year-round entry and access
- Accessible bathroom designed to meet personal hygiene/grooming needs and aesthetic tastes
- Zero-step wheelchair access to the backyard/pet area and second floor deck
- Stair glide for access between the first and second floor
- Garage ramp to get from the car into the house with a wheelchair
- Flooring that would hold up to a wheelchair
Stephen wanted his home to give him the freedom and independence to live safely: “I wanted to make sure I could get out in the event something happens,” Stephen said when we were walking through the garage to view his new ramp.
The whole concept of the remodel was based on living an independent life with dignity so he could take care of himself and his pets.
From the way our electricians were able to move an out of place spotlight and incorporate bar lights that Stephen found to customizing the automatic door that opens to the garage, everything was custom fit for him and his life.